I love a good chicken curry!!
One of my ultimate favorite recipes from Dr. Mark Hyman is his:
I remember the first time I made this my husband inhaled it! The picture above here is what I actually made from tonight’s dinner! It really is as good as it looks. The things I do different than Dr. Mark Hyman is:
- I do not use mustard seeds. I just skip that part.
- Same goes with the onion. Yuck, I omit it always! I tend to add more garlic instead.
- I used boneless chicken thighs.
- I didn’t have cauliflower or frozen peas on hand so we added 2 more carrots, cut up broccoli, two roma tomatoes, and cubed up half a large avocado and added a little more apple to this.
- I used a yellow bell pepper instead of a green one which he calls for. I didn’t realize it said only use half of one, I used a whole one. And I am glad I did.
- I may just add a bit more curry and sesame oil than what the recipe calls for. 😉
The recipe says this yields 4 servings and that is correct. It fed my whole little family of 4!
While I was cooking this tonight, my husband repeatedly kept saying, “wow, this smells so good, I can’t wait!”
As long as you have the chicken thawed, and dice or chop the other ingredients this doesn’t take too long. I’d say def. in 35-40 minutes this can be ready to serve.
I just love this dish and our additions/subtractions. We didn’t even need any grains to go with this.
I think for the most part this is PCOS and diabetic friendly. Again the recipe can be found here.