Today’s post is going to be about my wonderful husband’s easy Chicken Stir-Fry, made by him but written down by me (Linchpin mama). A chicken stir-fry was one of the first meals my husband wanted to cook for me when we started dating. He worked really hard on it that day back in Oct 2008 and it was perfect. He literally made it from scratch. I’ll never forget that. This recipe isn’t made from scratch, but it was made by my husband to satisfy two hungry adults and a toddler.
We’ve been a couple/item/in-a-relationship for the last 7 years, and I am so happy my husband enjoys cooking meals. I find his cooking capability attractive on top of his already attractiveness. 🙂
I wasn’t feeling good on Monday. My stomach had been hurting, and I could barely eat anything. So my husband went to the grocery store that day to buy me lemons. I eat lemons with salt (preferably pink Himalayan salt) and baking soda because it relieves my stomach pains. Lemons are good for digestion, you can google benefits of lemons and baking soda, or click here to read an article about it. As hubby shopped for my lemons he decided to buy ingredients for a chicken stir-fry for Tuesday’s dinner.
Sir fry ingredients included: Tsang Korean Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce found at Winco, and frozen green beans, carrots, peas, and fresh broccoli. You can be safe with modifying this with other raw of frozen vegetables.
The stir fry sauce used in this recipe wasn’t made from scratch like it was 7 years ago (that would of taken too long), and this particular brand of sauce he used isn’t GMO free or organic. We don’t want to spend a lot of money for non GMO and 100% organic foods because it’ll eat up our grocery budget. I think having GMO foods or non organic foods at times isn’t going to ruin our health. Plus, the positive side of this sauce is that it’s MSG free, no wheat flour only wheat protein, and the sugar added was a small amount. The flavor was great. I forgot to take a picture with the food on a plate so you could see how good this looked.
Mr. Linchpin’s (Linchpin Mama’s husband) Easy Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 table spoon of coconut oil
- 4 pieces of thawed chicken breast tenderloins.
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup of frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup of frozen carrots
- Half bottle of Tang Korean Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce or any stir-fry sauce of your liking.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cut chicken into small pieces on a cutting board. Next place the chicken in a in stir-fry pan with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. let the chicken cook and get light golden brown. Make sure it’s cooked fully.
- Add in the vegetables and stir-fry sauce. Add in the spices you want and mix well, let it get to a boil. After the boil, lower the heat and let simmer with a lid on for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy.